- Tour the Downtown Historic District. Enjoy the Spanish Colonial architecture.
- Bike, Hike, Bird Watch in the Heart of the Sonoran Desert
- Visit the Mine Lookout and the Historical Society Museum.
- Play golf at the Ajo Community Golf Course.
- Recreate at Bud Walker Park featuring skateboard, basketball and playground facilities.
- Fly in to the Eric Marcus Municipal Airport.
- Drive the 10 mile scenic loop for a glimpse of the spectacular scenery surrounding the town of Ajo.
- Participate in colorful, vibrant festivals
- Camp minutes or miles away on BLM land that surrounds our town
- Photograph our extraordinary architecture,landscape, flora, fauna and festivals
- Paint our captivating town and the desert surrounding it
- Star gaze Ajo’s spectacular night sky
- Picnic at the Picnic Grounds, grills available
- Attend lectures and programs that have diverse appeal
- Tour community gardens and chicken coops
- Go Geocaching or Terracaching
More facilities: Public Library, Shooting Range, Roping Arena
Situated in the geographic center of the Sonoran Desert, Ajo is the gateway to millions of acres of public and tribal land including Organ Pipe National Monument with a newly remodeled Visitor Center.
For more information, click here for the Attractions page.